There are times in life when problematic situations arise. Some of the problems we face can only be resolved with abilities, authority or access that we do not have. At times like this, it is not uncommon to be served with a plethora of “help” options.
· See your bank manager
· See your legal adviser
· I know a man who knows a dog
· Call this number and ask for [name]
and the list goes on and on….
Some of these “help” options are in the “help industry” – to make a “quick buck”. This purpose distorts their ability to offer help effectively, sometimes making the situation worse than it was. On the other hand, there are some that are set up with nobler thoughts – good charities that are sometimes able to help and at other times unable to do so. Either way you look at it, “help” has become more of a lottery than a comforting certainty; more of a variable vision than a reassuring reality.
There are 5 types of “help that you do not need…
· Help that fails
· Help that quits
· Help that is set up to help the help rather than the troubled
· Help that will paper over the cracks caused by deeper issues
· Help that ruthlessly exploits the desperate and needy
Friend, if there is anything making you uneasy, worried, sad, depressed, ill or trapped – you need help that is TRUE. TRUE HELP has ALL these characteristics –
Given Out of True Love –
· Psalm 109:26 “Help me O Lord my God; save me in accordance with your love”.
· Psalm 51:1 “Have mercy upon me O Lord, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion”.
Allays Fear and Builds Confidence –
· Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
· Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?”
· Psalm 138:6 “When I called you, You answered me; You made me bold and stouthearted”
Resolves the core issue – not just the symptoms –
· Psalm 30:2 “O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me” Although David cried for help, the Lord knew exactly what he required and completed a healing process for him.
· Psalm 31:22 “In my alarm I said ‘I am cut off from your sight’ – yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help”. God knows and is able to fix the underlying cause of your troubles.
Available today and on all tomorrows
· Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and our strength – a very present help in times of trouble”. The reassurance here is that there are no “Helpline closing hours” – True help is an omnipresent, omnipotent and powerful person.
· Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever”. It gives great comfort to know that the character of your helper is unchanging, dependable, reliable – in the same way as He was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be!
Has a Definite Source –
· Psalm 121: 1 – 2 “I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and earth”
· Isaiah 44:2 “This is what the Lord says- Hw who made you, who formed you in the womb and who will help you, Do not be afraid…”
Get True Help – Christ Jesus, who never fails, never disappoints… He is waiting, loaded with love, arms outstretched, power unlimited…for you!